10 Oct 2019
SUPER EASY SINGLE-USE PLASTIC SWAPS
Time to face the facts -we could all be doing a little bit more to help the planet!
In Bali especially, single-use plastic is a H U G E problem! So we would love to share some super easy, single-use plastic swaps that will make the world a better place! ✨
1. Swap your shampoo bottles with shampoo bars! -Gorgeous, healthy hair doesn’t have to come at a cost to the environment! All those plastic bottles of shampoo seriously add up. By opting for bars you’ll save so much plastic over time. Or use sustainably conscious brands like Kevin Murphy in Australia who are utilising ocean waste plastic in their packaging!
2. NO MORE throwaway cups, use a reusable mugs ☕ -We hope you are doing this one already! We love using a glass KeepCup (your coffee doesn’t go cold as quickly!). And the rule is; if you forget your cup you just have to sit down, dine-in and enjoy your coffee break!
3. Swap plastic bags for reusable totes! ️ ♻️- Since the hardest part is often remembering to keep them handy, we recommend placing them strategically in cars, purses, and anywhere else that’s convenient to grab on the go!
4. Say goodbye to detergent jugs and hello detergent strips ☁️ (we admit we had to look this one up, but we are sold!) Laundry strips are changing the clothes cleaning game. The idea is simple: one strip, one load (no measuring necessary!). Not to mention, the strips are hypoallergenic, paraben-free, and vegan!
5. Swap your cling/plastic wraps for reusable beeswax wraps -Breaking up with plastic wraps has never been easier thanks to the many reusable food storage options out there. There really is no excuse, it has never been easier to store and cover food without resorting to plastic sealing! Or reusable container anyone?
6. No more plastic cutlery, hello bamboo utensils -It’s fine to get take-aways, we know, you are a busy goddess! Stash a set of reusable set of utensils in your purse and you’ll be good to go plastic-free wherever your taste buds take you!
7. Swap plastic straws for bamboo straws (or stainless steel straws!) -It’s estimated that Americans use 500 straws daily, according to The National Park Service! And we don’t even need them!
8. Say goodbye to your disposable plastic razors and hello metals razors -Getting rid of hair doesn’t have to come at the expense of the planet. Try using metal safety razors instead, where you only have to replace the blade!