27 Mar 2016
5 EASY WAYS TO DETOX DAILY
Most people internally cringe when they hear the word DETOX!
The truth is that you don’t have to embark on some extreme elimination diet or fasting cleanse to start to detox and align your body from the inside out. You can actually add detoxing as a regular part of your daily life, and not just while you are on a yoga or health retreat!
Start with these small (but powerful) changes that will create a great foundation to build a healthy life. Below are 5 easy ways to add detoxing into your day.
1. M E D I T A T E | Taking just five minutes to sit in silence before checking your phone or email in the morning will set the tone for your whole day. Focus on your breath, observing yourself inhaling and exhaling through your nose. If you like you can repeat the sounds HUM as you breath in and SA as you breathe out while focusing your closed eyes on the centre of your forehead.
2. A L K A L I S E | Before you have your first tea or coffee drink this wonderfully alkalising tonic made from juice form 1/2 squeezed lemon, tablespoon of honey and sprinkle of cayenne pepper in warm water. This is a detox tool that will change your life! the lemon actually helps to promote healthy digestion and boosts immunity.
3. H Y D R A T E | Sounds obvious, but it’s easy to forget to drink water while we ingest lots of other types of liquids throughout the day, but the fact is nothing replaces the body’s need for pure water. Dehydration can lead us to think we are hungry or tired, but we’re really just thirsty from some H2O. When you’re feeling low energy, try drinking a large glass of room temperature water before reaching for your next cup of tea or coffee.
4. M O V E | Moving helps to flush toxins from the body. You don’t have to raise a sweat, even a stroll or a gentle yoga class has great restorative benefits and will leave you feeling inspired and your body glowing.
5. J U I C E | Add one green juice or smoothie to your day—they’re packed with nutrients! Research is showing that a lot of overeating comes from the body searching for nutrients while we down nutritionally empty over processed foods, so stop the cravings before they begin with a vitamin and mineral packed green juice.
Interested in taking your ‘soft’ detox to the next level at our retreats?
Visit Our Retreats page for package details!